Monday, January 14, 2019
Busy, busy weekend….lots of traffic out on the trails and lot of visitors in town. We’ll start out this post by saying that we’ve had reports of snowmobilers blowing through some of the stop signs on the railroad grade and in Bergland. Not good. Don’t be careless. Not even once.
That said – we can talk about our trails – which are pretty dang good right about now.
- Corridor trail (1&8) North of Bergland was groomed overnight as was Trail 1 North and Trail 8 West all reported as good with the exception of a water hole about 2 miles out of Merriweather..
- Trail 8 East – very good until close to Ewen where there’s less snow and small rocks showing.
- Trail 102 also groomed during the night – reported to be very good.
- Trail 13N was groomed yesterday – good to excellent
- Trail 13S from Root Cellar to trail 2 – good to excellent.
- Trail 1North: Trail 1 N from Bergland and the North Shore of Lake Gogebic reported to be in very good condition.
- Trail 1 South: to Presque) recently groomed. Good condition, however, gets thin South of Marenisco. Groomed from Marenisco North to West Side Resort where the trail ends for now. Option is to hop on lake and continue North about 4 mi north, then get off the lake and follow signs to where you can pick up trail system again.
It’s going to be a cold weekend, so make sure you are packing your base layer and face masks!
NWS Marquette, MI Next 24 Hours Snow Forecast: click here
John Dee Snow Central Forecast: click here