Lake Gogebic had an active weekend on the Trails, both with Grooming activity and riders. Groomers reported for the most part trails were in good shape, however there was more traffic than anticipated. Groomers are putting trails back together and requesting riders hold off until we get additional snow.
- Weather is going to be quiet with temperatures high 20’s/low 30’s, with potential for light snows mid-week.
- Trail 8 East: been brushed and drag was taken out for first time on 12/10. Group effort between GAG, MI-Trale and help from the Sno Valley Riders Snowmobile Club.
- Trail 8 West: opened near County line and groomers are asking riders to stay off Trail 8 West so they can get the wet areas frozen.
- All other trails have been packed and groomed – but for now we are just waiting on more snow for perfect conditions
*** please use caution when riding the trails***. This is just not our trails but all area trails.
- We ask that you respect our area, as local residents are complaining to the Groomer Clubs and DNR about trespassing taking place on their properties. We know that riding powder is fun, but do so respectfully and don’t cross on private property. When you do, it creates problems with the landowners. Landowners can shut access down and we’ll have to go to expense and time to figure a re-route – if that’s even possible.
- Groomers are working hard to get you the trails you want to ride. Help us out and we will all have a much better season – this season – and next!
That’s it for now – this is Mary Beth at AJ’s Walleye Lodge encouraging everyone to get out and to the Heikki Lunta Snow Dance!! Make your reservation early so that your group gets the rooms they want!