It’s a great weekend here in the U.P.! Total snow accumulations since Tuesday night is over 2-feet, however, predictions for this weekend are calling for highs to top 32 on “Saturday and 36 on Sunday. If we get these temperatures the trails will be wet and will not hold a good groom and grooming will only be done over the nighttime hours. Forecasts are calling for additional snow and hopefully it will all hold together to get us thru this warm weekend. Next week looks much more promising with high temps dropping into the teens by mid week and snow every day in the forecast – a lot of snow focasted for next week.
Please do what you can to help preserve the conditions of the trails. Keep in mind “Goosing” your sled on corners results in throwing all the snow off the corners, causing bare conditions and making the groomer have to spend extra time trying to plow snow back onto the corners. “Goosing your sled wherever you stop and start again creates moguls, sometimes into driveways.
Long tracks are the way to go if you are fishing on the lake. There is a lot of slush – use caution.
Couple of notes for sledders and fishermen:
- Sledders: please watch out for fishermen and ice shacks on the Lake.
- Fishermen: Please be sure to keep your distance from shacks and people. You must be at least 100 feet away from an ice shack or a person.
- Ewen Area: Snowmobiles are blowing past stop signs on Trail 8. This is very dangerous as people use these driveways. State Police could be issuing tickets.
- Continue to watch for logging truck traffic over a portion of Trail 102, and always remember to respect the trucks and give them the right of way at all times – for your safety. No problems to report on any of our other trails at this time. Please remember to always ride to the right and single file to prevent accidents, especially on blind corners.
- Lake access through the parking lot of the Walleye Lodge is restricted to guests and customers. Thank you for respecting that!
Weekends are filling up – give us a call for reservations! 906-575-3557!