Lake Gogebic Snowmobile Trails are in good to excellent condition. Weather has been quiet this week with the exception of the 8″ of snow we received earlier this week. Above average temps are forecasted for Friday, but then dropping off after Saturday. Snow is the forecast for Sunday, Tuesday and much of the following weekend. Moderate temps for earlier part of next week. Single digits and sub zero temperatures are forecasted beginning around the 1st of Feb.
We are in for another busy weekend here on Lake Gogebic The earlier in the day that you ride – the better shape the trails will be.
- Corridor trail (1&8) North of Bergland was groomed overnight as was Trail 1 North and Trail 8 West all reported as excellent.
- 102 also groomed during the night – reported to be very good.
- 13N was groomed yesterday but starting to get a little rough due to traffic.
- 13S from Root Cellar to trail 2: recent 6” plus snowfall built up base on south half of trail 13 – no rocks – has been groomed.
- Trail 1 from Marenisco to Lake Gogebic- also just groomed. Beware on lake Gogebic in front of Gogebic Lodge. They are now plowing a 1 mile strip for 1000 foot radar run Feb 10 – WATCH for BERMS!
Groomers are doing their best – please be safe – obey signage – stay to the right.
TAKE A SICK DAY, save money, and avoid the crowds by visiting the Walleye Lodge on a weekday! We always have deals on weekday rooms, restaurants are less crowded, and there is less traffic on the trails during the week!
Also – please remember that access to the Walleye Lodge from Lake Gogebic is limited to our guests and customers.
Give us a call today! 906-575-3557!