Good morning! It is indeed a very good morning on Lake Gogebic. John Dee’s weather prediction won over and Mother Nature has delivered well over 4” of new snow since Tuesday. Posts from riders have been positive, so be sure to check out the various area pages (“Marenisco – perfect” “Trails are excellent). Groomers are out nightly and will continue to do so. Temps over the next 10 days or so are going to hover around the 30’s during the day and below freezing at night. Our Groomers take a lot of pride in being able to maintain lake season trails for your benefit. Please help us out by taking it easy on the trails, riding earlier in the day, and not riding where you know you should not be riding. There will be a lot of activity on the lake this weekend as Maple Ridge Bait and Tackle is hosting their 11th Annual Hog-A-Thon Tournament! Use additional care on the lake as there will be a lot of families and groups out there.
• All trails have been recently groomed – trails are hard and flat.
• Trail 1N to White Pine: good condition.
• Trail 8 East: Not groomed. Decent to Ewen, mostly dirt and gravel from there to Bruce Crossing
• Trail 8 West just groomed and in pretty good shape.
• Trail 102: Good and holding.
• Trail 13N: Good in the morning –choppy in the late afternoon. High traffic.
• Trail 13S from Root Cellar to Trail 2 and 100 – groomed and in excellent condition.
• Trails coming in to Bergland are challenging as there’s always so much traffic.
Get up here and enjoy – as the curtain is going to soon close on what has been an amazing season! Remember – when coming to any intersection: LEFT; RIGHT; LEFT!!
Thanks – and have a safe and great weekend from all of us here on Lake Gogebic!