Feb 1, 2018 – Lake Gogebic
Woke up to snow today on the North end – about 3” and its’ still snowing! South end of Lake Gogebic also received a couple inches which will help out in thin areas. Forecast for weekend and next week looks to be cold (teens & single digits) with more snow coming in on Sunday and 8-12” forecasted for next week.
Yesterday one of our loyal reporters, Kent McDonough, went out on the trails with Rick Hissom (GAG Groomer Boss) and Greg Turnowski from the DNR. They were checking out signage and the South end of Trail 13. The DNR has given approval for us to reopen Trail 100 to East Shore Road which puts snowmobilers within a 1/4 mi of Lake Gogebic. Groomers are out on it right now and it is in good shape (4.5 mi from trail 13 to East Shore Rd).
- Trail 13: Good to very good.
- Trail 100 is open and has been groomed from Trail 13 to the East Shore Rd. From there you can follow left to Slate River/ Lake Gogebic and if you make a right you can run East Shore Road. Received some snow and hopefully that will cover bare spots in the roads.
- Trail 1 to Presque is in fair condition and recently groomed. Not much base and about ½ down dirt is showing. Trail 1 and 13 are being groomed frequently as we have stationed one of our groomers in Marenisco!
- Trail 1 N/Corridor 8: groomed and in very good condition.
- Trail 102 in good to very good condition.
- Trail 8 East has been groomed;
- 8 West was partially groomed today – in decent shape. Will resume groomed 8 W once blowing snow subsides.
There will be a lot of traffic out there on the trails this weekend. Be careful. Watch out for icy corners. Right now, we have a lot of blowing snow and some white out snow conditions – use caution and good judgement. There are a lot of families and kids around – not everyone is a seasoned rider!
Gogebic Lodge is planning for the radar run on February 10th. There is a stretch of about a mile that has been plowed for this event. WATCH FOR BERMS!
That’s it for now – this is Mary Beth from the Walleye Lodge where we are wishing you a powder-filled weekend!!! Please don’t hesitate to post your comments or photos and you can always shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org