Snowmobile Trails in the Lake Gogebic Area are looking good! We have two openings for this weekend – Bear’s Den and Eagle’s Nest.
- Temps for today and tomorrow will be in the teens and twenties but Thursday through Sunday our temps will be in the single digits and below zero at night.
- We’ve received over 120” inches of snow this year on the North Shore or Lake Gogebic; 2” in the last 24 hours. Snow is in the forecast today and Friday and John Dee’s forecast calls for 12”-24” Feb 4-8. Mother Nature still owes us at least another 100″ this season – and hopefully she will deliver!
- All trails have been freshly groomed, conditions are good to very good with the exception of 1 South and 13 South. Grooming will continue nightly.
- Top end of 1 is closed due to logging and there are signs for re-routes. Best to travel the lake south and exit at Fishtales or Gogebic Lodge to pick up Trail 1 South.
- Keep in Mind that you can’t cross the 100.
- 13S to the Root Cellar is good. South end is thin and some bare, rocky spots.
- 102 groomed overnight and very good up to South Boundary road and to Lake Superior and Silver City.
- Corridor trail (1&8) in very good condition.
- Trail 13 gets a ton of traffic and is best earlier in the day.
PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS AND BE SURE TO OBEY SIGNAGE. WE HAVE BEEN GETTING COMPLAINTS THAT SOME HAVE NOT BEEN STAYING ON TRAILS, RIDING ON UNMARKED TRAILS CAN LOSE EASEMENT FOR OUR TRAIL SYSTEM SO PLEASE STAY ON TRAILS!!!!!!
Also – please keep in mind that lake access at the Walleye Lodge is an amenity that is offered to our guests. If you’re not staying at the Lodge – you should not be cutting through the Lodge.
Looking for some seasonal work – Gogebic Area Groomers needs your help!!! Great hourly rate and we could use some help!!!! Please contact via email if interested: email@example.com or 906-575-3557. Thanks!