Lake Gogebic Trails held up extremely well this weekend, and riders had quite a few positive stories to share. One set of guests rode up to Calumet yesterday – they left early in the morning and trails were great. Trail 13 back was rough until they hit the Gogebic Area Grooming section of 13 and it was good all the way back to Bergland.
Another pair of guests took 8 West into Wakefield and then headed to Gabbro Falls. From there they went all the way to Saxon Harbor and then back to Wakefield to the pipeline lookout which is straight south of the 2/8 intersection where they continued on to catch an amazing view of the Range “Himalayas” and the Porcupine Range. From there they headed back to Marenisco and then took the Lake back up to the Walleye Lodge. They said it was a great ride and that the trails were all in great shape.
Here’s a compiled update of the Gogebic Area Trails:
- Trail 1 and 8 across the top of Lake Gogebic was groomed yesterday and is in very good shape.
- Trail 1 North is good but gets thin outside of Silver City, there are spots to certainly watch out for. Our warmer was only for a day, temps are back down
- Trails North of Lake Gogebic are in good to fair shape yet. Snow is getting thin towards the south end of Lake Gogebic, with rocks and stumps still sticking up.
- Trail 13 South: Use caution on Trail 13 South to trail 100, there was some logging done earlier this winter.
- Trail 100 does have a wet spot, please use caution! You have to ride East Shore Rd near Stage Coach Rd until you get near Hwy M-64. Please stay on the side of the road (with the flow of traffic) and go slow!
- Trail 13 North still has rocky spots yet, and the corridors are seeing a lot of traffic. Which is making the snow thin.
- Trail 8 West towards Wakefield has been groomed except between the county line. The Groomer has to go around the swamp due to braking through the ice. Grooming is picked pack up past Jack Spur Road to our turn around. DO NOT go off the trail into the ditch as you will get stuck!
Snow is in the forecast this week for 5 out of the next 6 days. We hope it is a whole lotta snow. Jim and Anthony won’t be out riding for a bit. Anthony took a fall at a ski race on Friday and fractured his wrist. Possible surgery in the near future and Anthony’s just hoping that his cast allows for movement of his throttle finger. We are going to hook up Jim with a Go-Pro and Anthony will be doing some video updates of his dad’s rides till he can get back out in the snow!
If you’re thinking of coming up – don’t wait too long to make your reservations. Weekends are filling up – still a lot of mid-week dates available! Make your reservations now! Thanks, and have a great week!!