Tuesday, December 18th
Temps look to drop again starting tomorrow and there’s snow in the forecast on Thursday. We will have to wait and see how much. We could use snow – and until then don’t recommend riding.
Gogebic area trails will have a couple closure/reroutes: Trail 1 north of the West shore Resort is being logged this year. We are working with timber management to get a possible reroute for trail 1 to trail 8 East. Also trail 100 to connect to trail 13 is being logged this year. We are also working on a possible reroute for this as well. We were advised that they would try to accommodate us buy logging first thing and giving us access as fast as possible. As this closes our trails down for the time being, it’s nice to know that soon we will have a wide open trail to run with no brushing, and wider trails.
We will keep you posted on the progress made for the reroutes! In the meantime – we just wait for snow!!! Get those presents wrapped, and get all your holiday preparations done so that when it hits, you’ll be ready to head to Lake Gogebic and celebrate this Holiday Season.
Dance to Heikki Lunta – she is our Upper Peninsula snow God and we could use her help!
That’s it for now – we will post as the forecast and conditions improve
Jim and Mary Beth: AJ’s Walleye Lodge: 906-575-3557