Woke up to about an inch of snow this morning. It’s a brisk, bluebird day today with cold temps and no wind – a great day to ride! John Dee’s forecast is calling for things to be fairly quiet for the next 2-3 days, with a sharp warming of temps into Wednesday. Cooler temperatures with the possibility of some light snows is forecasted to arrive by Thursday, and there’s 8+” in the forecast for Feb 16-21.
Gogebic Area Groomers are out on our trails daily. Our heavy weekend traffic makes continuous grooming somewhat of a challenge but trails are back in shape after the weekend (or they will be after tonight). We’ll see how the predicted mid-week warmup impacts our grooming schedule so check back with us for updated posts this week. Spoke with Casey from the Lake Gogebic Motel, who, in his spare time with his brother Jesse, are out grooming trails. Casey will be out riding and scoping out trail conditions this afternoon and he’ll be grooming 102 tonight, so watch for some posts from him 😊. Chicago Dave is down in Marenisco and reported in that he’s groomed 13S south yesterday and said that right now trails are looking good to excellent. Just know that are groomers are doing everything they can to ensure that they are grooming and maintaining our trails in a careful manner so that we can have good riding for the next several weeks. Please do your part to help out. Our guests had nothing but good comments about our trails this weekend – and even Tommy J. (one of our biggest critics) had commented that are trails were like “table tops”.
Trail Conditions as reported on Monday, February 12th:
- Trail 1N to White Pine: Good condition
- Trail 8 East: Good condition.
- Trail 8 West just groomed and in excellent condition.
- Trail 102: Bit choppy right now, but Casey will be grooming tonight and I’m sure we’ll see some footage 😊.
- Trails 13S from Root Cellar to Trail 2 in excellent condition.
- Trail 1: top half was groomed yesterday, Trail 1S from the West Shore Resort to Presque Isle – being groomed today. Good to excellent condition.
- Trail 100 at the South end of Lake Gogebic has been groomed from Trail 13 to the Slate River.
That’s all I got for now – be sure to check back as we’ll be updating our reports and you can also keep with our groomers at https://www.groomertracker.com/ . Call or email us your photos and comments at email@example.com . Don’t even think of putting those sleds away – we’ve got a lot of riding yet this season!