Our much needed cool down has arrived (finally) with single digit temps and sub zero temps by Tuesday. We had more snow today, and there’s snow in the forecast for much of the upcoming week. That said, many of our trails still have some major water concerns.
Here’s where we are at with the trails in the Lake Gogebic area:
- Trails 1 north and 8 east are the best trails we have at this time.
- Trail 8 west has several water areas and is pretty rough as the groomers have not been able to get through most of it over this last week.
- Trail 13 south has some very wet areas towards the south end and 1 south and 100 also have wet areas.
- 102 has become very difficult to ride as, again, the wet areas opening up over the last couple of weeks have created problems.
- 13 north is rideable but there will be some very wet spots you’ll have to cross in some areas of this trail.
- Watch for signs to show a change on trail 1 South from Rd. 8800 to Marenisco.
The cold temperatures will help improve our trail conditions, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Each day will get better and our groomers will hopefully be back to doing the job they do best. Mother Nature has dealt us a difficult hand, but we are recovering and appreciate everyone’s help and support. Please use caution and good judgement and let us know if there’s anything that would be beneficial for us to report back to other riders.
We wish you all a very safe, healthy and Happy New Year and we will update our report as conditions improve and change.
Thanks very much.
Jim & MB 906-575-3557