We’ve received a foot and a half of snow in the last week, and it looks like we are forecasted for about 12” today. Jim says he feels like he’s living in a big snow globe. He’s actually been out riding and reports that trails are in “beautiful” shape and it really could not get any better. He was down at the South end of the lake on Monday and did mention that the only bad spot they encountered was on the 100 due to logging. He also mentioned that he’s never seen the trails in the Watersmeet area look as great with the exception of a wet area 2 miles west of Watersmeet on Trail #2.
Gogebic Area Groomers were out last night and report that all trails are in good to excellent condition. This is a great time of the week to ride as there is a lot less traffic.
Trail Conditions as reported on Tuesday, February 12th:
- Trail 1N to White Pine: Excellent condition. Groomed last night
- Trail 8 East: Excellent condition.
- Trail 8 West just groomed and in excellent condition.
- Trail 102: Good to Excellent
- Trail 13n: Good to excellent. Groomed last night
- Trail 13S from Root Cellar to Trail 2 – excellent condition.
- Trail 1 South – excellent condition – groomed last night
Valentine’s Day and President’s Day Weekend is upon us – and we love that you love to Ride the 906! So on this busy holiday weekend, please show some love out on our trails and on our lake and use good judgement. Don’t drink and ride!
Some friendly reminders:
- KNOW before you GO. Take a couple extra minutes before you head out to check a map and plan out the day.
- Stop at all stop signs – completely stop at all stop signs. Look left-right-left.
- Please remember to ride RIGHT and ride TOGETHER
- Taking into account the above – consider that the snow we are currently getting is fluffy and creates a large powder cloud, so allow extra space between riders due to reduced visibility.
- Riding on / along Michigan highways is illegal and if you are caught you will receive a large fine. (THIS MEANS M28 and M64!)
- Only off-trail ride where you 100% know it is legal
- Pipelines and power lines are NOT public land!
- Please keep speeds and noise low through towns.
NWS Marquette, MI Next 24 Hours Snow Forecast: click here
John Dee Snow Central Forecast: click here